Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A day of remembrance, a day of fun

Two years ago today, 9/11/05, was the last day Ellie's Grandma Verna graced this earth. Ellie will never know her Grandma Verna in person, but she will in spirit. That's what today was about. Mommy and Ellie slept in, went to mom's group, went to a mommy matinee, then Papa joined in for our first family trip to the zoo. The night ended with Papa reading Peter Pan, then telling Ellie and Mommy a beautiful, yet funny, story of Grandma Verna. A few tears were shed today, but much love was shared. I miss my mom very much, I hope that Ellie and I will grow as close as my mom and I were. To have shared this day with her was very special and I treasure it deeply.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just talking about this day. I can't believe that it has been that long since your mom left us. I want you to know that I see her beautiful perspective on this world through yours and Ellie's eyes, so she lives on. Love you.

Roxi said...

Been so crazy lately I hadn't had time to stop by & see how little Ellie is growing. Read the day of remembrance & started to cry. Ellis is a lil angel I know God & Grandma Verna sent to you & her daddy & the rest of this family. And don't worry Auntie Janet I will always tell Ellie great stories about an amazing person & a truly loving & fun grandma!! I have lots of memories to tell my lil cuz!! Love u bunches!!